Grab some lemons and blueberries and lets get baking…
This has such a delicious and fresh flavor!
I made this bread pudding with croissants. This is one of my favorite uses for croissants and the store near me sells a dozen for under 3 dollars. SCORE! So be sure to check out your local store and see if they ever have a deal on them. If you don’t prefer croissants, any bread will do.
Doesn’t everything taste great when fresh ingredients are involved.
- 6 croissants (about 7 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Cut croissants into pieces.
- In medium bowl mix sugar eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon extract along with lemon juice.
- Place bread into mixture and stir.
- Pour into baking dish and spread blueberries on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes (or until set)
Now to top things off, this Blueberry Curd is perfect…