If you are looking for a fun new cookie, this one if for you…
These cookies have all my favorite components,
Vanilla cookies, but thick and kinda like cake…. then the chocolate crumb topping and to top them off…..they are dunked in melted chocolate.
Oh yes, don’t forget the chocolate….it makes them irresistible.
oh how I love crumb topping,
After the batter is in the deep dish cookie pan (or muffin top pan) top the batter with chocolate crumb topping,
and CHOCOLATE Crumb Topping, well it’s the best!
Pour yourself a glass of milk and ENJOY!!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts (Melt in microwave until smooth for dipping when cookies are cooled)
- In mixer bowl, beat sugar with eggs.
- Add to it the flour, milk, cooled butter, oil and baking powder, and vanilla.
- Mix until creamy.
- Use a baking spray on a 12 cavity deep dish cookie pan (or muffin top pan)
- So the cookies come out easily.
- Place 3 tablespoons of batter into each area
- Top with a couple tablespoons of chocolate crumb topping (recipe below)
- Bake at 350 degrees (if you pan is dark bake at 325 degrees) start checking the center of the cookies at 15 minutes to be sure you don't over bake them if at 350 degrees but at 325 they may take closer to 25 minutes.
- Let cookies cool before removing them.
- When cookies are completely cooled:
- Dip 1/2 the cookie into melted chocolate
- I used chocolate candy melts (Guittard or Merkins are my favorites as I like the dark chocolate flavor they have)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl combine all ingredients with a pastry cutter or fork, until the mixture sticks together.
- Then pinch some in your hands and place it on top of the cookie batter.
- It will melt in as it's baked and get firm and lightly crisp
[…] Chocolate Crumb Cake Cookies- these taste like an amazing chocolate crumb bake and cookie all in one… […]
[…] Crumb topping is one of my favorite elements to add to my desserts such as my Stuffed Apple Pie with Crumb Topping. I also enjoy it as a topping to my Pancake Loaf, which goes excellent with coffee or tea. Think coffee cake but SO much easier to put together! I have such a weakness for the delicious little crumbs, so of course, I created a banana muffin with a crumb top because, why not? And if you like coffee try these Chocolate Crumb Cake Cookies. […]