Banana Cupcakes with Banana Brown Sugar Frosting
The warm aroma of bananas baking remind me that something SUPER-DELICIOUS will be coming out of the oven,
and oh when these cuppies are baking, believe me….you will know they will be delicious.
They have a hint of brown sugar and well…
brown sugar makes baked items tastier, don’t you agree?
The frosting is smooth and creamy and has a wonderful flavor.
I put the brown sugar in a food processor to grind it super smooth, like dust….so that the frosting isn’t crunchy, but has that delicious brown sugar taste!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 5 tablespoon s milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix in sugars.
- In small bowl mix bananas, milk, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add we ingredients to the dry ingredients until combined completely.
- Place2-3 tablespoons of batter into lined cupcake pan ( i used silicon liners)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let muffins cool completely before frosting.
- makes 9-12 cupcakes depending on how high you fill them and if you use silicone liners, they take up a little more space.
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (ground smooth in food processor)
- 1-2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- Beat butter until fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Mix in heavy cream and banana extract on low then on medium after 15 seconds.
- Mix until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Fill pastry bag with #857 tip and pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes
I just love these cute marshmallow bananas, they topped off the cupcakes nicely. Dried banana chips or banana runt candy would work well too.