An all time favorite Easter candy makes it’s colorful appearance in this sweet and creamy toffee.
There is nothing more fun this time of year then an Easter Egg Hunt, until you grab a piece of this toffee.
This makes it easy to be the winner, there are plenty of “eggs” in each piece.
Lay crackers flat in sheet pan, boil butter and sugar and pour over crackers.
Pour on melted white chocolate and spread smooth with offset spatula.
Place edible grass and jelly beans on top of white chocolate and gently press them down so they stick to the chocolate before it hardens.
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers (+4 additional crackers)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 8 oz White Chocolate (I used Merkins Melting wafers)
- 5-6 oz tiny jelly beans
- 1-2 oz edible grass (I found green apple flavored edible grass)
- Lay crackers flat in a ½ sheet pan.
- Bring butter and sugar to a boil and stir occasional until the temperature is 298 degrees.
- Pour toffee over crackers, spread with small offset spatula.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals and stir until melted and smooth (mine took 1 minute)
- Pour white chocolate over toffee spread smooth and place edible grass and jelly beans on top.
- Allow the toffee to cool at room temperature or put it in fridge to speed up the cooling process.
- Cut or break toffee into pieces.
Oh this is one Easter Egg Hunt I don’t want to miss out on!