Coal Cookies for everyone on the naughty list and not, a super funny Christmas cookie everyone will love.
Everyone will want to make it onto the Naughty List and find some of these in their stocking!
These are chocolaty good and easy to make.
I’m sure we can all think of something we’ve done wrong this year to be able to get some of these.
These are so fun, I can’t wait to see everyone’s faces when they reach into their stocking on Christmas morning and find COAL in their stocking.
hmmm…I hope this doesn’t start encouraging bad behavior! I’m pretty sure it won’t.
These can be made into any shape, you can even roll the cookie dough into a log shape and refrigerate for an hour, then slice and bake just before serving, these will get everyone laughing. I bet everyone will want to be on the naughty list to get some of these.
Another great chocolate cookies are these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- *I've also made these and added 1 teaspoon molasses and they were so yummy too!
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Mix in oil, egg and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from side of mixing bowl.
- Portion out a tablespoon and a half of cookie dough for each cookie, roll it into a ball and then, make the sides flat by pushing it onto the counter (almost like slapping it onto the counter) to shape them into irregular square shapes.
- Bake at 400° for 7 minutes.
- Cool completely before icing.
- Write the word Coal on some of the cookies with Royal Icing (recipe here)
- Allow icing to dry completely before stacking.
This recipe made plenty and I’ll be sticking a package of these into my stocking and I’ll act all surprised when I open them tomorrow. Shhh…don’t tell no one will know who did it. LOL!