Thanksgiving Leftovers: Pizza with Turkey and Roasted Cranberrie
With large Holiday cooking often comes leftovers. Here is a quick easy and delicious pizza to make with turkey. Of course if you don’t have turkey leftovers you can substitute chicken in this recipe. Decisions on what to make with all the leftover turkey brings for some interesting dishes. Instead of a soup, casserole or sandwich I opted to make a pizza.
I love pizza.
It’s all good.
Roasted cranberries give this pizza a wonderful savory taste that compliments the turkey along with mushrooms and pesto.
- 1 16 oz. pizza dough
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 small Baby Portabella Bushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 1/2 cups turkey, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted cranberries
- Use a 16 oz. pizza dough ball from store or make pizza dough. Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan. Stretch dough to fit pizza pan. Spread on Pesto sauce, then add cheese, mushroom, turkey and cranberries. Bake 10 minutes or until crispy.
Cornmeal in shaker makes it easy to shake on pizza pan so the dough won’t stick.
What a great way to use up leftovers!