brownie ice cream cake.
I have loved ice cream for as long as I can remember.
Having an ice cream cake on my birthday growing up was the BEST!
I decided to make this for my husbands birthday this year,
and he was REALLY glad I did.
It is like a hot fudge sundae and ice cream over brownie all rolled into one.
I baked brownie mix in two 7 inch cake pans. The pans I used have removable bottoms which makes it easy to get thin cakes to remove easily. I used one of the pans to assemble the ice cream cake. The other type of pan that is great for ice cream cakes is a spring form pan. If you don’t have pans with removable bottoms you won’t be able to take the cake out of the pan for slicing, you will be serving it from the pan.
In the pan I placed one brownie cake that I baked then piled on some vanilla ice cream.
Then placed the second layer of brownie on top of the ice cream, followed by hot fudge sauce.
Then piled on some whipped cream.
Then added a few mini chocolate chips and cherries.
- Dunkin Heinz Supreme Brownie Mix (and ingredients to prepare from package)
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream( I used about 3/4 of the container. 6 scoops)
- 12 oz. hot fudge sauce ( I used 10 oz.) (do not heat sauce)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix according to the package or use a homemade brownie recipe
- Bake in two pans (I used 7 in pans and baked it for 22 minutes)
- use pans with removable bottoms or spring form for best results
- Use parchment in the bottom of the cake pans so the brownie won't stick.
- When brownies are completely cooled remove from pans. Remove parchment paper.
- Place one brownie back into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread ice cream evenly on top of the brownie.
- Add the second brownie.
- Spread hot fudge sauce evenly on top of the brownie.
- Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until it's smooth and fluffy whipped cream.
- Add whipped cream on top of hot fudge sauce, smooth evenly
- Place mini chocolate chips and cherries on top and place in freezer for a couple hours until set.
- Remove from pans and slice.
To make slicing ice cream cake easier dip knife into warm water and dry knife so the metal is warm and it will slice through the ice cream easily.
I just LOVE fudge in ice cream cakes, sometimes I don’t even put brownie, just ice cream, fudge, and crushed up cookies, the possibilities are ENDLESS.
It’s a hot fudge sundae brownie ice cream cake. You’ll have to excuse me now, I need to go eat the last piece before anyone else realizes it’s in the freezer!
If you like brownies as much as I do you may like these, brownie whoopie pies.
Football season is approaching!
This just looks so flipping amazing!!! -gillian
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel says
mmm mmm!! I bet this tasted delicious!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel says
This is beautiful! I wouldn’t want to eat it… until I remembered it was a brownie ice cream cake, which is like, the coolest thing EVER, and then I would eat all of it. At once. In front of Netflix. Awesome stuff, Diane!
Hmm looks lovely
[email protected] says
This is a beautiful ice cream cake! That fudge layer is amazing!
Ohhh, I totally want an ice cream cake for my next birthday! u take orders? 😉
Jen @ Savory Simple says
Gorgeous! He’s a lucky man!
Happy Birthday to your husband! What a great looking ice cream cake.
Brian @ A Thought For Food says
Oh my goodness… I love it! I’d like it if someone made this for me (hint hint) (by the way, that “hint hint” was for my husband, but he doesn’t read blogs, so I’m not sure he’ll ever see this… sigh).
Anyway, I love this cake… but the only question I have is, how do you get it so the brownie is warm. :-/
alison @ Ingredients, Inc. says
looks great Diane! Loving your desserts
[email protected] says
Oh Holy YUM! That looks ridiculously fantastic!
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies says
I just made brownies with ice cream this weekend and I swore to my husband that I would not want brownies again for the rest of the year after eating so many. And now you’ve gone and made me crave brownies again–this looks amazing!
Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking says
My birthday is approaching fast and have lots of cake ideas but this sounds so good. Oh, I wish I could make myself 10 cakes,. Yum!
Russell at Chasing Delicious says
I do believe this is the best cake I’ve ever seen! Oh the things I would do to it – ok eat it that’s about it but I’d eat a lot of it!
LOL, I couldn’t wait to eat a BIG piece myself!
I am thinking of making this but wondered if I could make it a day in advance and freeze it for 24 hours. Will the cake do OK frozen for a long amount of time? Thanks
The brownie portion will be fine, just thaw the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes and then try to cut with a knife, if may need 5-10 more minutes thawing on the counter top.
Bali Tour says
Thank you for the information 🙂