There are two ways to hallow out the apples:
The easy version:
- 6 apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- There are two ways to hallow out the apples:
- The more time-consuming way is to keep the bottom of the apple intact, by taking a 6" thin knife go around the edge of the apple, and then slicing it into 4 pieces inside the apple so each piece can be removed.
- The easy version:
- You can cut the top and bottoms off of the apples, then core them, then run a knife around the edge to remove the remaining apple.
- Discard the core.
- Dice up the applied pieces
- Mix with butter and oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- optional: add caramels, cinnamon chips, caramel pieces)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.