Chocolate Chip Scones
Since it doesn’t seem acceptable to eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast… says my parents and my husband and well I’m sure many more people may feel this way, but really….cereal is no better in my opinion I made Chocolate Chip SCONES…. Scones are perfect for breakfast.
I also think waffles and ice cream are great for breakfast too but I still can’t seem to convince my dad of that one. I think my mom would agree with me, after all she is the one who would let me put chocolate chips on pancakes. Did I mention how much my kids LOVE that I think chocolate chips are acceptable for breakfast, yea they aren’t young anymore. When they were young I was a little more responsible with breakfast decisions. These scones are not only perfect for breakfast, but hey are to enjoyed all day long!
rolling out the dough in between wax paper sheets helps the dough from sticking, lightly flour the wax paper if the dough seems too sticky. Rolling the dough out using 1/2 inch dowels to guide the rolling pin to keep the scones an even thickness makes for evenly baked uniform scones.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons butter vanilla extract (alternatively use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon butter extract)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Blend flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in heavy cream, eggs, extract and chocolate chips
- Mix gently until combined, knead out on lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough out between wax paper to ½ inch thick.
- Cut with knife or cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden and tested with toothpick comes out clean.
So if it is up to me, I say enjoy Chocolate Chip Scones EVERY DAY with Every meal!
You may also like my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake