Cake was invented for celebrating. I’m convinced of it! It doesn’t matter if it’s a major celebration or just a simple celebration of two friends getting together, there is always time for celebrating and cake is always necessary. At least I think it is. These fun little mini cakes are the perfect cake to share for all of life’s celebrations. From birthdays to report card days, to spending time with the ones you love, or the ones you hope to get to know more. Life is too hectic and busy not to take the time to celebrate all of the wonderful moments life hands us. If you have a wonderful day, well then go ahead and celebrate it with one of these cakes. You don’t even need to include anyone in your celebrating and if you have two cakes, I won’t tell anyone. Oh I didn’t mention sprinkles. SPRINKLES are VERY important. Trust me. They make celebrating more festive with all the super-fun colors.I added extra sprinkles to the top of the batter, so the mini cakes would have pretty sprinkles all over the tops as well as inside. See the tops are covered in colorful sprinkles even after baked. Fun, right? I just love lemon and adding lemon flavor to these mini cakes has you smelling the wonderful sweet lemon aroma as soon as they come out of the oven. Topping them with lemon frosting and tinting it yellow, makes the celebrating even more fun. Spring is here and I just love bright yellow flowers so that was a perfect look for these mini cakes.
- 1 Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix (along with ingredients to prepare)
- 1 teaspoon lemon emulsion/extract
- 1 additional tablespoon colored sprinkles
- 1 container funfetti frosting.
- 1 teaspoon lemon emulsion/extract
- yellow food coloring (I used 1 drop Lemon Yellow and 1 drop Egg Yellow from Americolor)
- Prepare batter according to package directions. Mix in the lemon with the water.
- Spray the muffin top pan with a baking release spray for easy removal.
- Place 3 tablespoons of batter in each portion of the muffin top pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let mini cakes cool completely.
- Refrigerate the cakes for 15 minutes. (you can leave them in the pans)
- Mix frosting with yellow colors and lemon flavor.
- Place frosting into a piping bag with a 2D tip.
- Place a circle of frosting on a mini cake, stack another on top, place another circle of frosting and then place the top and frost the top piece like a rose.
- Apply sprinkles on top of the frosting before it firms up.
Here are some tips on how you can celebrate more:
1. make the most of celebrating by taking the stress off and going back to some basics of balloons and candy along with cake, make for a perfect party
2. celebrate 1/2 birthdays so it doesn’t seem so long before you are celebrating again.just think twice as much fun and cake in every year. Bake a round cake and cut it in half, frost the cake to create a two layer half cake.
3. play games, fill a jar with candy and have everyone guess how many pieces, the winner gets the sweet treat. Grab a bag of peanuts and hide them all over the house. Go on a peanut hunt, fun for everyone. play everyone’s favorite songs for a fun game of freeze dance.
Happy Birthday Funfetti!!! That’s right Pillsbury is celebrating Funfetti’s 25th Birthday.
Hop on over to Pillsbury Facebook Page and join in the fun of their promotion.
Now for some more FUN!
Enter to win a Funfetti Celebration Starter Kit:
· One box of Pillsbury Funfetti Premium Cake & Cupcake Mix
· Funfetti Frostings (1 each of four new frosting flavors)
· $50 dollar Visa or American Express gift card
· Total estimated giveaway value: $60
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment telling me what fun things you do to CELEBRATE? Additional Entries: Sign up to receive email updates from Created by Diane “Like” Created by Diane” on facebook and leave a comment below letting me know. Share this post on facebook come back and leave a comment below letting me know. (be sure to tag @Created by Diane in the share) Pin this post on Pinterest and leave a comment below letting me know. “Like” Pillsbury Baking of Facebook and leave a comment below letting me know. Tweet this: Celebrate FUNFETTI with @pillsbury with Mini Lemon Funfetti Cakes http://su.pr/2iUmXL @createdbydiane #giveaway come back and leave a link in the comment section of you tweet. *if you already do any of the entries they still count, be sure to leave a comment below telling me.Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States of America, who are are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law.
*Pilllsbury compensated me for this, but I just love cake and can’t help myself, I just had to share this with you. All opinions are my own.