Oh my gosh don’t you just HATE it when….
bananas go ripe too fast?
By hate I really mean LOVE!
Because then you get to make this
I usually have trouble on where to file banana bread, is it a bread or cake?
Well not to worry on this one, I figured since there are chocolate chips in it, I’d call it cake.
You’re with me on this, right?
Last night on my counter sat 4 ripe bananas, not overly ripe and brown or anything, I don’t even like to touch those. Just nice and ripe and I just knew my oven was going to be happy it got some attention and my belly too.
That is why I work out you know. You do the same thing, right? Work out to be able to eat all the goodies.
- 4 ripe bananas (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1½ cup mini chocolate chips (divided)
- 2 tablespoons flour to mix with chocolate chips so they don’t settle to the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9X13 no-stick baking pan with baking spray.
- In mixer beat butter and sugar until it’s well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, combining at each addition.
- Add milk, dry buttermilk,Nutella, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the bananas sliced in ½-1 inch chunks, then mix.
- Add the four, baking soda and salt,mix to combine.
- Mix chocolate chips with flour and sift off extra flour.
- Stir in one cup chocolate chips and then pour batter into prepared baking pan. Top with remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden in color and set up so toothpick comes out nearly clean. It will be a bit sticky as this is a moist cake.
So yes after my workout last nigh, I ate dinner. Then I made this and needed to be sure it was good, quality control and all, you know!
So it’s delicious really warm out of the oven, like really 2 minutes out of the oven. And of course I left plenty for everyone else this morning. But I’m not telling how many pieces are left. I just hope no one notices how many I ate, maybe they’ll think I had a few friends over!