Bubble Gum Cupcakes

Isn’t bubble gum every kids favorite. I know it was for me. Getting a penny and being able to put it into the gumball machine was a huge thrill as a kid, and wondering what color was going to come out made it even more exciting. Bubble Gum Ice Cream was popular and was really fun. You could eat the ice cream and save all the gum for when the ice cream was finished. Oh those were the days!

I’m sure they still have Bubble Gum Ice Cream, I just haven’t noticed lately that is until a few weeks go Sommer from A Spicy Perspective made the prettiest Bubble Gum Ice Cream

bubble-gum-ice-cream5

and all I could think about for days was how great it looked and that I wanted to try Bubble Gum Cupcakes. Oh how I want an ice cream maker :) that is a hint, yes I’d like an Ice Cream Maker. I would like Ice Cream, all the time, morning, noon and night, and the flavor possibilities are endless.

I used King Arthur’s Tender White Cake recipe for the cupcakes

Bubble Gum Frosting {printable recipe}

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup shortening

4 cups powdered sugar

2 tablespoons cream

4 drops Loranns Bubble Gum Flavor (if you can’t find it locally, here it is on Amazon for $1.59)

3 drops White Americolor food coloring

8 drops Light Pink Americolor Food Coloring

Beat butter and shortening, add in sugar and milk. Beat until incorporated. Stir in food coloring.

I piped the cupcakes with an 804 tip, then pressed the gum into the frosting.

I purchased the pretty, red, pink and white gumballs from Target, they had them in the Valentine section.

Comments

Paula says

Oh these are so pretty and fun! My granddaughter loves bubble gum ice cream. She really does not have much of a sweet tooth (her little sister on the other hand…oh my) but I’m sure she would love to taste one of these and I know she’d love to help decorate them with those gumballs!

Omg, Diane, this is absolutely adorable and I love the pictures, that pink is so perfect!.
    i had no idea there is bubble gum flavor out there. Yum

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids says

I am in love with these cupcakes. In our house, we do not let the littles have gum until they are five. The youngest little turns 5 in April. She just might get some Bubble Gum Cupcakes for her birthday. :)

Bridget says

These look great, I fixed my cake mix post, I always try and link back to a site where I have gotten inspiration from, and lets face it a lot of bloggers these days get inspiration from other bloggers. So some of my pictures looked a little similar, but in no way did I steal her photos and add them to my blog. I also re wrote the directions, since I could not remember where I originally found the source, thanks for finding it and letting me know. Next time I’d appreciate an email so I’m not so embarrassed :/

I didn’t mean to insinuate you took her photos, but without giving credit to her, it’s just not right. Feel free to delete my comment if you found it too direct.

Yum! I’ve never heard of bubble gum flavoring! My little girls would love everything about these pink, bubble gum studded cupcakes. Thanks for the idea and recipe.