Non-Fried Fried Ice Cream

Have you had fried ice cream before?

Isn’t it so delicious. Crispy, cool and sweet with a delicious cinnamon flavor.

I stopped by Smart and Final and Picked up what I needed.

First Street Honey Nut Tasteeos, Tortillas and First Street Ice Cream it was $2.49. I had the chocolate syrup and cherries.

I set the ice cream on the counter while I assembled the other item I needed and it gave it time to soften nicely.

I have a small shaker jar full of cinnamon and sugar. It’s two parts sugar one part cinnamon. I had to tie a ribbon on it as I’ve grabbed it in a hurry thinking it was the pepper and  well….although cinnamon is delicious, it cannot be interchanged for pepper in my opinion. The ribbon is a big help :) to me.

Preheat oven 350 degrees.

I placed 2 1/2 cups of the Honey Nut Tasteeos Cereal in a food processor.

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture

pulsed it until the cereal had broken down to crumbs

I scooped out about a cup of vanilla, with a large spoon and formed it into a ball, then rolled it in the cereal mixture. Placed them on wax paper and froze them while I prepared the tortillas.

I sprinkled the cinnamon sugar mixture on both sides of the tortillas and placed then on the bottom of an upside down small bowl to bake them to give them a slight bowl shape. If you bake them in the cup, they stick. I put four small oven proof cups on a tray upside down, then place the tortillas on the bottoms of the bowls. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.

Take them out and let them cool. You can place them in the freezer for a couple minutes to speed it along.

Once  the tortillas are cooled the ice cream has firmed up and you are ready to assemble.

Place the ice cream ball on tortilla, drizzle with chocolate sauce and top it off with a cherry.

This took 30 minutes to prep and assemble.

This has been a compensated post as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias, All opinions are my own.

I linked up to Tidymom’s Lovin’ it stop by and see all the other wonderful ideas!

Comments

this looks delicious…i love the non-fried version…not because it is healthier (because let’s face it..that is not something i pay too much attention to)..but because it is so darn hot out…who wants to be deep frying. this is a great alternative..and tasty too.

Paula says

Where you find the time to bake so often and so beautifully every time is beyond me but I’m so glad that you do.

ok really Paula, this is not baking! Heating a tortilla for 10 minutes maybe counts as warming! There was a commercial years ago when a mom sliced and baked cookies from the grocery store an I often think of it, the child said. “oh mom, you baked” still cracks me and my husband up. That is how I would describe this treat. “she baked” LOL!!! Love all you kind words, you are so inspiring.

Haniela says

oh, my, this looks sweet.I still think ice cream should belong to main food group.;-)
    I’d love to see that commercial, sounds funny.

I agree, it’s a dairy product, perfect for anytime of day especially on waffles in the morning.

Diane, these look fabulous and this is such a good idea. I am new to your site and have spent some time exploring your earlier posts. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. You’ve created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I’ve spent here. I’ll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

Mary, thank you so much.I love looking at your blog, everything always looks so fresh and your post on rhubarb will definitely inspire me to try it one day. (It’s so pretty and red and I don’t believe I’ve ever tried it) Hope you have a delicious weekend!

I cannot believe you dont like pepper on your fired ice cream, LOL! Your marked shaker made me smile!

I am hoping for mothers day I will have no cookies to make and time to try this!

What a GREAT idea! I will have to give this a try. I love anything sprinkled with some brown suga 😉 I have a feeling my kiddos will LOVE it!

my kids couldn’t wait to dig into these and then asked for seconds, they gave them two thumbs up!

Thanks! Just a second ago I was on your site and saw your Churros, oh they look so good. I’d love one on top of this ice cream :) fun desserts!