A classic dessert takes a twist into a fun and delicious cake. This Banana Split Cake is sure to be everyone’s favorite!
It was time to celebrate, and I wanted a big, FUN cake!
We are in the middle of my kitchen remodel, so this cake had to be quick and easy to make.
Can you believe this took me only an hour to make?
It’s true, and look at the results!
Super simple and the flavors are everyone’s favorites!
It tastes amazing!
Fruity and fresh tasting and no decorating skills needed for this one.
You see, I ADORE Italian buttercream frosting, and I wanted that special touch for this cake.
It’s rich, silky smooth and melts in your mouth… and it’s not too sweet. Really, it’s heavenly.
This three-layer cake with both vanilla and banana flavor.
It is filled with the Italian buttercream and fruit. I chose bananas for their sweet, creamy, yummy flavor. I added strawberries for their color and complimentary flavor to the bananas. Nothing says banana split like banana, strawberries and hot fudge!
Nothing says banana split like banana, strawberries and hot fudge!
I’m not sure what it is about banana desserts, but they really bring back great childhood memories.I think a lot of us ate loads of bananas as children, and I guess that’s why this cake just seems like a wonderful celebration cake.
I think a lot of us ate loads of bananas as children, and I guess that’s why this cake just seems like a wonderful celebration cake.
I went a step further and topped the whole cake off with delicious chocolate fudge and colored sprinkles I can’t have a birthday cake without my favorite flavor – CHOCOLATE! Sprinkles, of course, are always fun and festive.
I can’t have a celebration without cake or SPRINKLES!
Sprinkles, of course, are always fun and festive.
Not having to frost the outside of the cake was a bonus, this meant I used less frosting and it saved lots of time.
The chocolate fudge and sprinkles are all that’s needed here!
Here’s the link to the chocolate hot fudge sauce recipe.
Well, this cake was a hit, we all loved it.
Make this special cake for any celebration where FUN and smiles are on the menu!
Once the cakes are cooled, spread the frosting onto each of the 3 layers, then add slices of banana and strawberries then add some fudge (heat it a little if it’s cool, so it pours more easily) and allow it to drip down the sides, top it off with a dollop of frosting and pour on some rainbow sprinkles.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted cooled butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 3 bananas
- 3 cups cut strawberries
- In mixer bowl beat sugar with eggs.
- Add in flour and baking powder.
- Mix in milk, butter, oil, and vanilla until creamy.
- Place batter into 3-8 inch round pans that have been sprayed with a baking spray.
- Wrap pans with baking strips to ensure you have smooth level cakes or use wet towel strips pinned around pans for great results.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool for 5 minutes then turn them out onto a cooling rack.
- Once the cakes are cooled, spread the frosting onto each of the 3 layers, then add sliced banana and strawberries then add some fudge and allow it to drip down the sides, top it off with a dollop of frosting and pour on some rainbow sprinkles.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup unsalted butter- cut into tablespoon piece
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a small saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil until it reaches 245°.
- Meanwhile, put egg whites and sugar into mixer bowl with the whip attachment and whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- When the sugar mixture reaches 245° pour the syrup into the egg white mixture by drizzling it in as it's mixing.
- You'll mix on medium- high for about 10 minutes, the sugar will have cooled enough now that the butter won't melt.
- Now place the beater blade on the mixer.
- Add the butter one tablespoon at a time and mix until fully combined.
- The sound of the frosting will change it will sound "thick" if it looks soupy or lumpy, keep mixing. This takes time.
- The frosting will be smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and mix.
- Place frosting into a piping bag with a large round tip.
- Fill the layers of the cake with frosting and then top the cake with more frosting, then add fudge, then a dollop of frosting on top.