Bacon wrapped jalapenos melted down in a skillet make the PERFECT dip!
Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
Don’t miss one delicious recipe and get my FREE e-cookbook click here!
I am all out dip,
if it’s dip-able, I’m there.
Now this is so easy and ready in minutes.
It’s loaded with flavor, I added bacon…because I LOVE Bacon! Did you know that already?
The dip is great with bread and chips and should be at the top of your “must make” list. It gets DEVOURED!
Onions, jalapeno, and bacon…. oh the smell is irresistible!
Everyone comes running when they small onions cooking… and it never hurts to have jalapenos and bacon either.
This dip is so irresistible I like it even spread on a roll by itself or with chicken and enjoy some the next day for lunch. Yep, that’s what I did.
There is something so wonderful about a hot cheese dip,
and since this one if so full of flavor it’s even harder to pass up!
THIS is the skillet I use and love and I use it so much I have 3 of them and more in other sizes too, it’s a kitchen must have.
- 2-8oz packages cream cheese
- 5 jalapenos diced fine
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/2 onion (3/4 cup diced)
- 2 1/2 oz bacon cooked and chopped (about 8-10 slices) can use precooked bacon
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cooked chopped bacon
- In a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat stir onions and jalapeno for 2 minutes.
- Add in bacon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in cream cheese and yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the cheeses as they cheese melt, then spread the mixture evenly into the pan and remove from heat.
- Mix the panko with parmesan and bacon and spread it over the top of the cheese mixture.
- Place under broiler for 3 minutes on high (watch so it doesn't burn)
- Serve with chips or bread.
- This dip will stay warm in the pan for a while, which is one great thing about cast iron.
You can easily reheat the dip if it cools off by placing the pan back on the burner on medium heat for a few mintues.
Now this will be perfect for the next game day. The best part about game day is the food if you ask me.
Hi Diane! I love your recipes! Do you have any suggestions for baking this instead of making in a skillet?
Tricia @ Saving room for dessert says
My husband would have a fit for this dip! It looks wonderful and perfect for game day!
I literally could live on this for a week, it’s my favorite food!