Happy Valentine’s Day
I love LOVE it’s the most amazing thing to feel it and to give it!
I had a gingerbread house that I didn’t get around to decorating in December, can you guess why….you guessed it, too busy. I may or may not have another one too…who says gingerbread is only for Christmas.
This Gingerbread House is from Ikea, and yes I would buy it again, packaged so well, nothing was broken and just as I opened it. All I can smell is the yumminess of gingerbread, just like their gingerbread cookies with the scalloped edge.
I love being at home especially on Valentine’s Day. No better place to be than with my family!
I just love hearts, but I bet you already knew that.
I love these small red heart sprinkles, they are so fun to decorate with and no better day to share the LOVE than on Valentine’s Day!
So I’m sending you all wishes for a wonderful Valentine’s Day. No matter what your plans, or your unplanned day.
If you had plenty of time and planned out Christmas better than me (which I’m sure many of you did) and you don’t have a gingerbread house lying around, you could make a batch of gingerbread boys and put cute little hearts on them for everyone you love!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, beat shortening with, add sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat until combined. Beat in the molasses, egg, and vinegar until combined. Mix in flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough.
- Bake in a 375 degree for 5 to 6 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
*do not recall recipe source I’ve used this recipe for years.
Happy Valentin’s Day!