Rocky Road brings back memories of going to my favorite ice cream shop when I was young.
I loved chocolate ice cream and when I spotted it with marshmallows and nuts, I just had to have it.
Did you know Rocky Road Ice Cream first started out with walnuts in it, then went to almonds. Both would be yummy in my opinion.
For these I added almonds as it was the most popular choice when I asked people on Facebook, are you on Facebook? Here is the link to my Facebook Page If you want to follow me there, who knows what I’ll be asking next. Just think you could help me with my next creation.
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12 ounce) package Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided into 2- 1 cup measurements
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Prepare a 13x9 pan with a non stick baking spray.
- In saucepan bring butter, sugar and water to a boil
- remove from stove.
- Add in 6 oz chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Pour mixture into large bowl, then add in eggs beating after each egg addition.
- Stir in flour , baking soda and salt.
- Then add the other cup of chocolate chips, almonds and ¾ of the marshmallows and mix until all combined.
- Pour into pan and and top with the rest of the marshmallows.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until set but not until toothpick comes out clean or they will be too dry.
I just love Brownies, don’t you?