Wouldn’t it be fun if all snowflakes looked like snowmen when falling.
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups salted butter melted and cooled (10 minutes)
- 5-6 cups flour
- 1 ¾ sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla
- In large bowl stir together flour, sugar and baking powder, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture then vanilla. Mix, until shiny. About 2 minutes. Cover bowl with waxed paper and let the dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. When rolling out this dough, don’t be afraid to add flour. It will not make the dough tough.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees roll out dough to 3/8″ thick with flour and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake 12 minutes
- Makes at least 5 dozen (3 inch) cookies.
- Let cookies completely cool before icing.
I wrapped the snowmen up in bags and cut snowflake type paper to trim them off with. I’m sure they will be gone as quick as a snowflake melts on a sunny day. Once they are delivered.
I love snowflake cookies, and these were really fun to do.