Oh my CHERRIES are in season and they are…
OH so delicious!
I couldn’t resist making some homemade cherry syrup.
There are endless items to put this syrup on and I’ll be sharing some ideas with you and some more cherry recipes soon.
I measured a heaping cup of cherries and pitted them with my OXO Cherry Pitter, oh how I love this cherry pitter, it’s easy to use and in a few minutes all the cherries I need are pitted and ready to use in this recipe. I like the “splash guard” that this cherry pitter has it’s helps me from getting the cherry juice all over me when I’m pitting the cherries.
Bring 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and one cup of pitted and sliced cherries to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes.
Strain the sauce and press on the cherries so that only the skin of the cherries remain and discard them.
Pour the cherry syrup into a glass jar or container. The cherry syrup can be stored in the fridge for a month.
Cherry Margaritas are REALLY Delicious so give them a try!
- 1 cup fresh cherries (pitted and cut in half)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Bring cherries, water, and sugar to a boil,
- Simmer for 2 minutes giving the cherries a chance to soften and the flavor to release.
- Strain syrup in a fine strainer pressing the cherries though leaving just the skin on the cherries to discard.
- Place in a glass/plastic jar and store in the refrigerator for 4 weeks.
Cherry syrup is really delicious on ice cream, frozen yogurt or greek yogurt with fruit for breakfast….I’ve had all three and still can’t seem to decide which one I like better.
One of my favorite recipes to use this homemade cherry syrup is Cherry Italian Cream Soda. Let’s just say I’ve I’ve definitely made my fair share of them and I’m hooked on them! So be sure to check out that post, you won’t want to miss it.
Click on the links below to find each syrup recipe:
- Blueberry Syrup
- Cherry Syrup
- Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
- Lavender Syrup
- Lemon Syrup
- Coffee Syrup
- Pineapple Syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Peach Syrup
* I was not compensated to write this post, I just like sharing products I love.