- 2 cups Gold Medal All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fruitcake mix (or diced up candied fruit)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (diced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon Rum emulsion
- 2 eggs
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in cold butter with pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fold in fruitcake mix so it’s coated with flour.
- Add cream, extracts and lightly beaten eggs and mix until blended.
- Knead on floured surface until dough is smooth.
- Roll out dough in between wax paper.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheets at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve warm or allow icing to cool and ice with a glaze icing.
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
2-3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix until smooth and creamy. Add more water or powdered sugar to adjust consistency desired.
Recipe by Created by Diane at http://www.createdby-diane.com/2012/12/fruitcake-scones.html