|Chocolate Chip Banana Cake |
- 4 ripe bananas (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (divided)
- 2 tablespoons flour to mix with chocolate chips so they don't settle to the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9X13 no-stick baking pan with baking spray.
- In mixer beat butter and sugar until it's well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, combining at each addition.
- Add milk, dry buttermilk,Nutella, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the bananas sliced in 1/2-1 inch chunks, then mix.
- Add the four, baking soda and salt,mix to combine.
- Mix chocolate chips with flour and sift off extra flour.
- Stir in one cup chocolate chips and then pour batter into prepared baking pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden in color and set up so toothpick comes out nearly clean. It will be a bit sticky as this is a moist cake.
I don't mash up the bananas, I just mix them in once they are cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces.
Recipe by Created by Diane at http://www.createdby-diane.com/2012/11/chocolate-chip-banana-cake.html