- 6 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 6 lb can diced tomatoes
- 4 cans black beans
- 6 onions diced
- 8 cloves garlic (pressed or chopped)
- ¼-1/2 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder ( I use Knorr)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In large dutch oven ( I use a 9qt dutch oven and it fills it to the top) On medium heat, saute onion garlic, ground beef and ground pork, until all meat is cooked.
- Add tomatoes, beans and spices. Stir and heat on medium until it comes to a boil, turn on low for at least ½ hour and hour is even better.
You can make ½ a batch or even a ¼ batch depending on how much chili you need.
I like my chili topped with diced onion or scallions and cheddar cheese and sometimes diced jalapenos.
Recipe by Created by Diane at http://www.createdby-diane.com/2012/11/my-favorite-chili-recipe.html