All my favorites all in one place!
The deliciousness of an oatmeal cookie,
topped with cheesecake,
then topped with homemade salted caramel.
Yep, these yummy items all stacked up in these cute dessert cups.
I’ve made salted caramel before and well yeah, I’ve even been know to burn a batch or two. I’ve followed the recipes and even managed to over salt a batch, but I saved that by adding it to buttercream frosting, yeah..plenty of sugar in there to balance it. This was the first time I made caramel from sweetened condensed milk. I cooked it in a double boiler on the stove and well I’m sure you’ll be seeing more recipes on here with caramel as it’s easy and delicious to make.
Cook the condensed milk until….it’s caramel in color, give it a taste, you’re going to LOVE it!
Adding salt to the caramel really makes it taste so delicious, it balances the sweetness and gives it a wonderful taste.
The oatmeal portion is nice and golden and hot out of the oven, then I poured on 2 teaspoons cheesecake mix and put them back in the oven.
The cheesecake portion is all baked!
I removed the cups from the cupcake pan with a plastic spreader that I slid around the edges to loosen them away from the sides. They came out easily.
- Oatmeal cups portion:
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups oats
- 1 8oz package room temperature cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Making the Caramel Sauce takes about 1½ hours, so you will want to start this part first or you can make a day or so ahead of time.
- Beat butter with sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Then add flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon.
- Mix in oats until all combined.
- Add 2 teaspoons of mix into each section of the cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Prepare cheesecake mix:
- Beat cream cheese with sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour onto baked oatmeal base and place into 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. When cheesecake is set and firm.
- Test with toothpick.
- Remove them from the cupcake pan when they are cool.
- Top with salted caramel sauce *recipe below and top with a little Kosher Salt.
I kept the caramel warm while I added it to all the tops of the Cheesecakes and that one on the right is mine, I added lots of salted caramel to it!
Perfect Addition GIVEAWAY from Eagle Brand.
Eagle Brand includes the necessary items to create a perfect addition to your holiday recipe.
“perfect addition” (ARV retail value $250) giveaway includes:
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk - Regular, Low Fat and Fat Free varieties
- $100 Gift Card to Wal-Mart
- Bakers Box Packaging Set – perfect for boxing up your new treats!
- Spice Measuring Spoons
- Baking Scale
How to Enter Giveaway:
Leave a comment in comment section below telling me,
what recipe you think Salted Caramel would be a perfect addition to or if you’ve made Homemade Caramel Sauce.
Additional entries: leave a separate comment for each entry.
*Tweet about this giveaway and leave a link to your tweet.
*Pin my Salted Caramel Cheesecake Oatmeal Cups on Pinterest and leave the link to your pin.giveaway rules: Open to US residents 18 years and older. Giveaway is open until December 22, 2012 at 6pm PST. Winner will notified by email and have 48 hours to reply.
I was provided a gift package along with the opportunity to give one to one of my readers. All opinions are my own, those are priceless.