These aren’t just any muffins, no these are Mother’s Day Muffins…actually they are Mango Mother’s Day Muffins.
Ok say that five times fast!
I made some muffins so that on Mother’s Day morning I know I will be waking up to a real treat!
Do you do the same thing? Do you plan out your own fun, I do.
I’ll be bringing some of these beauties to my mom as well.
*Select a mango: Do not focus on the outside color of a mango, that isn’t’ a reliable indicator of ripeness. A mango will give slightly when pressed that is how to tell if it’s ripe. (same technique as selecting a peach or avocado) Here are instructions on how to slice a mango
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 mango diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup diced pecans
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in large bowl.
- Place mango pieces into the flour mixture to coat them so they don’t sink in muffin when baked.
- Add nuts to flour mixture.
- In separate bowl beat milk, butter, and eggs until fluffy.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients with a fork, just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Place 3 tablespoons in each cupcake liner. Place a whole pecan on each muffin.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- *starting with a HOT oven will help the muffins rise higher.
- *recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour’s Basic Muffins Recipe
- *Mango Icing:
- one-cup powdered sugar
- two-tablespoons water
- one-tablespoon corn syrup
- six-drops Loranns Mango Oil
- one drop egg yellow Americolor Coloring
- four-drops white Americolor Coloring
- Mix all ingredients until smooth then pipe onto cooled muffins.
Starting with the oven at a high temperature allowed the muffing to rise up nice and high.
I used Paper Chef Cupcake liners and WOW they really don’t stick at all. Very nice!
Some I left without icing while others….
got a fun drizzle of Mango Icing.
Happy Mother’s Day! I hope your day if filled with loving arms wrapped around you.
*I received Mangos from Mango.org and added information from their website.
*I received Cupcake Liners from Paper Chef
All opinions are my own. I was glad to receive these products but in no way was I obligated to write about them.