Looking back at the sweet and savory of 2011

2011 in review the sweet and savory way

2011 recipes from @createdbydiane

It was fun to look back over every post I wrote in 2011. There were 171 posts and I selected one sweet and one savory item to share with you for each month of the past year.

January

Bakery Cookies

Photobucket

Delicious Pancakes

April

chocolate chip cookies

Cut out Chocolate Chip Cookies

Asian Pear with gorgonzola and blue cheese pizza

Asian Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza

Scrambled Egg Pizza

December

Gingerbread French Toast with Gingerbread Butter

Stuffed Jalapeno Bread with Bacon

The most popular post of 2011 was

Oatmeal Cupcakes with Cinnamon Sugar Frosting
Thank you all so much for making 2011 so wonderful.

I love reading the comments people write to me, I enjoy returning emails of questions you all have and hope to be even more creative in 2012. I hope you’ll continue to follow me along my tasty journey!

The question that I get asked the most and still never quite seem to answer well is, “What is your blog about”?  I typically say sweet and savory recipes. I would love to know what you think? Maybe I will take your advise on how to describe my website.  Have a great description of what you see here at Created by Diane? Share you thoughts I’d love to see what you come up with.

Wishing you a Happy 2012!

Comments

It sure was a fun year in the kitchen, I’m looking forward to what 2012will inspire me with. Happy New Year Averie!

Jeanette, you made my day with this comment!!! Loved getting to know you and your blog better this past year and I can’t wait to see what you make next!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts says

What a great year!! I was paging through thinking Oh I like this, and then the next one, and then I got to the end and have a list of about 9 I want now!! You fried Oreo’s, Love it!!

Thanks Erin, it was fun for me to look back through the years posts and hard to choose which ones to feature. Wish there was a revolving slide show of all of them :) Happy New Year!

Love this recap of 2011. The cookies, the cupcakes, the cookies. Do you see a trend here? Can’t wait to see what you’re going to share in 2012!

yes I certainly saw a trend. I laughed when I was posting it. I could have selected other items, it’s always so hard to choose. Happy New Year Marly!

I love all of these re-caps! I especially love your mix of savory and sweet and that pancake picture is stunning!! Happy 2012, Diane!

The Cornbread Tamales were really fun and delicious. My son just asked me to make them again. Happy New Year Steph!

Just beautiful, Diane! Now I have to make that Pull-Apart Pizza Bread for the girls! I love your recipes (and I appreciate the recommendations you send me form the ether:) Here is to another glorious year ahead!

Happy New Year! All of your recipes look delicious! I would say your blog is about making food look wonderful; you have a way of making food look so darn pretty:)

oh the Black Bean Soup is one of my all time favorites, and since it only takes about 15 minutes. I love it even more!!! Happy New Year Lora!