Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

Pink Velvet
I made these with a white cake mix and added 1/2 package chocolate instant pudding and 5 drops of deep pink AmeriColor food coloring
they baked up nice and pretty pink
for the icing…
I made
  chocolate cream cheese frosting
one cup butter
one package cream cheese
about 5 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
2T milk
the cream cheese is usually softer than buttercream so I add more powdered sugar until it thickens and forms high peeks. It dries fast so once you pipe it on add the sprinkles right away-unlike what I did was get sidetracked and it’s quite dry and they don’t stick and start falling all over the place.

they were a big hit at the party!

I’ve linked these cute cuppies to
Hoosier Homemade’s
Cupcake Tuesday!

and today is her spring blog hop day Tuesday March 23rd be sure to stop by and say hi!

17 Comments

don't forget to confirm email sent and enjoy every recipe

Comments

They look amazing! Arrg, it's too late at night for you to be making me hungry :-)

Sinful Southern Sweets says:

Love it!!

Raina (The Garden of Yum) says:

These look so yummy! Chocolate cream cheese frosting..awesome!

a little bit of everything says:

Happy Spring! We are enjoying close t 70' today in New England. The cupcakes look wonderful!

Miss Angie says:

I left you an award on my blog HERE!

Oh my goodness, these pics are amazing! WOW!

Following you back! Nice to meet you :-)

Ellen Fitz says:

These look lovely. Two questions though… #1: What frosting tip did you use to pipe the icing on? #2: Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I don't see what you used to make your butter/cream cheese frosting chocolate. The post says: for the icing…

I made Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting
    one cup butter
    one package cream cheese
    about 6 cups sifted powdered sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    2T milk

the cream cheese is usually softer than buttercream so I add more powdered sugar until it thickens and forms high peeks. It dries fast so once you pipe it on add the sprinkles right away-unlike what I did was get sidetracked and it's quite dry and they don't stick and start falling all over the place.

Kristin @theschellcafe says:

These are seriously calling my name! Oh my…

Thank you for sharing.

B Sparkly says:

Thank you for following my blog:) I'm now following back.
    Have a great weekend!
    Anat

Charlene says:

Friday Following you back :) Thanks for stopping by my blog

I LOVE cupcakes, I'm sure I'll be back and drooling….

Michelle says:

I bet the cupcakes were a huge hit at the party, they are adorable!

Sue Sparks says:

Your pink cupcakes look fabulous! I'm really looking forward to the Spring Blog Hop!!!

Hoosier Homemade says:

Yum! Who would of thought! Pink Cupcakes! Brilliant!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tueday and the Spring Blog Hop! Groupy! :-)
    ~Liz

Pam Ponder says:

yummy!!!

cookies and cups says:

very cute!! love the pink :)

I love the pink color and the stiffness of the frosting. Yum Yum. Actually I was also checking out your pink fudge for February. Another yum Yum. I made for the Spring Blog Hop, edible gumdrop flowers that would look lovely on your cupcakes. Hope that you have a chance to check them out. Thanks.

1. […] powdered sugar 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tsp vanilla 2T milk I made it on these cute Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.  11 […]