Good Luck Shamrock

Thoughts of
March
 for me
always include
green shamrocks
and I like to think that they are all
good luck shamrocks

(these are not cookies)

I’ve always liked the color green it is one of my favorite colors,
I can even recall buying sneakers when I was in my teens because of a small part that was green and of course to me that meant I should put green shoelaces on them too
I did and I always felt lucky wearing them.

I read this about the color green:
Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money.
( who doesn’t like money?)
Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Green, as opposed to red, means safety; it is the color of free passage in road traffic.
 Green is directly related to nature, so you can use it to promote ‘green’ products. Dull, darker green is commonly associated with money, the financial world, banking, and Wall Street.
I really enjoy St. Patrick’s day.
 my kids often read my blog

and they will tell you,

they love it when the Leprechaun comes to visit

and he visits our home every year on St. Patrick’s Day

He is a very sneaky Leprechaun, he manages to get into our house and works his magic,

he turns everything green!
REALLY!
I’m sure I’ll  blog more about that as we get closer to the 17th.

I might even be able to find some photos of his past mischievousness.

To start the Green month off properly
 I figured I’d welcome March in by making my kids
 breakfast with a tint twist.
They always get a kick out of anything silly.
So they will be enjoying
green shamrock pancakes
with a drizzle of golden syrup magic

and just to add a little more silliness
there are some
  green shamrock eggs
to go with them.
I really wish I had some ham to go with the green eggs,
 Green Eggs and Ham?
but that’s a different story,
 right?
That would make a great cookbook,
” The Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook” my kids would love it!
 I do believe it’s Dr. Seuss Day at school later this week,
*note to self-buy ham to do this all over again
What would Dr. Seuss Day be without Green Eggs and Ham?
 I don’t know about you,
 but a little fun with breakfast could make for a lucky day
it sure would be great for the kids not to have homework… a mom can wish can’t she :)
just a little green food color (it only takes 2 drops of Americolor to get it this deep color)
a shamrock four leaf clover cookie cutter
and there you have it
green shamrocks!

I’ve linked this with Skip to my Lou, if you’d like to find other ideas click on the logo below and check out all the ideas that link up.

I’ve also linked this post with
giveaways

15 Comments

don't forget to confirm email sent and enjoy every recipe

Comments

Miss Angie says:

Those are so cute! Now I want to make green shamrock sugar cookies! LOL

Blackberry Jam Cafe says:

Looking ever so good! You've inspired us into thinking Green!
    Susan

Diana's Cocina says:

Lovin the cookie. I'm all for green.

that is fun. I need to find a shamrock cutter. We painted shamrocks so far and my little one was calling them trees. I told her they are shamrocks. I think she is getting the picture..

Great ideas.
    Happy MOnday.

How FUN is this! I'm totally planning on making some green desserts for a St. Patty's day party too! Looks like a lot of food coloring to get such a green color though yea??

Diana's Cocina says:

LOL! i meant pancakes. i have been baking cookies all morning (5 dozen) so i have cookies on the brain. love the pancakes ;)

LOVE THEM!! They turned out just perfect!

Blessings-
    Amanda

Ha! Love those pancakes! St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I start playing Irish music early in March.

Sue Sparks says:

What a FUN mom you are! :)

Kelly's Lucky You says:

What a perfect post for me to read! I'm a lucky shamrock girl, ya know?

I can't wait to see more of your magic mischief!

I found you from Follow Friday (which also means Monday Meanderings for me, hehehe)

Nice to meet you. I hope you'll follow me back-

Kelly from Kelly's Lucky You

The Duchess of Wessex says:

Your package today and gift of the Shamrock cookie cutter sure got my Month of the Green off to a perfect start. Thank YOU! LOVE the pancakes!

RitterB's says:

I stumbled on your blog tonight! YUMMMMM!!!! I clicked on your follow button and LUCKY me!!! I am your 200 hundredth follower!!! Two Hundred! I'd say that is Lucky! Happy St. Patty's day!

Fresh Local and Best says:

I love this green color. These are so much fun!

Love your new header! This is so great. I need to start doing these things with Blaze. He is getting closer to 3 and I want to make the traditions a big part of his life.

Katie's Nesting Spot says:

I love the idea of green pancakes to kick off the month, I normally do green on St. Patty's day but why confine the fun to one day. That they are in shamrock shape is over the top in awesomeness!